NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Thursday, February 12, 2009

    Sam, Barack, and the Australian Bushfires

    So far, President Barack Obama seems to be doing okay during this 'honeymoon' period of his presidency. Yes, he screwed up on that Tom Daschle bit, but at least he has the conjones to admit such mistakes- which is more than I can say for the predecessor, I must add. That stimulus package bit could be a bitch, but Congress has passed it. Hopefully, the 'Joe the Plumbers' of the world will be happy.

    Meanwhile, here in Portland, Oregon- the city of rain, roses, and meth fiends, our mayor, Sam Adams, is walking a very thin tightrope as he resumes business at 1221 SW 4th Avenue (location of City Hall). The Beau Breedlove scandal still looms over his head, but it's pretty much faded news by now. This could be a good sign for Sam, but if he's ever going to get through the next six months, he's going to have to do it without creating more scandal- and he'll have to get more legislation passed through and make us constituents believe in him again.

    (...and, uh...unless he's running for governor (which, right now, I don't highly recommend), stay out of Salem. And stay away from Beau, will 'ya?)

    The bushfires down in western Australia have taken- thus far- over 175 lives, and destroyed scores of homes. My hopes and prayers continue to be with those folks struggling down there.

    A Programming Note: Remember when I said that NFTHE was going to be a Blogger-only blog? Well, I kind of, like, told, a half-truth. Well, kind of.

    After some thinking, the NFTHE site at Wordpress has a new life. I decided to call the site Notes From the Hardcore Edge: The Local. NFTHE: The Local will deal with local news and issues from Portland (and whatever city I move to or even visit next). It'll be fun, and hopefully, it may bring readers to put fire under the feet of their leaders. I think I'll enjoy this. The NFTHE Wordpress website remains http://www.thehardcoreedge.wordpress.com.

    Copyright � 2009 by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: