NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Sunday, February 15, 2009

    No, Silly, I'm The Baby Daddy


    KissTelly/YouTube/The London Sun/StrayAC.com
    Uh-oh, somebody else came forward to say that he's the father of a baby born to a 15-year-old girl.

    Earlier this week, a 13-year-old boy, Alfie Patten came forward to say that he was the father of a baby goirl, Maisie Roxanne Steadman, born to Chantelle Steadman, 15. Now, 16-year-old Richard Goodsell says that "eh-eh, I'm the baby daddy."

    "My friends tell me that baby has my eyes- evn my mum thinks so."

    Somebody please call Maury Povich!

    papidonvilla/NBC Universal/YouTube




    One thing's for certain, there's outrage on the other side of the pond.

    British Conservative party leader David Cameron says that these yougn whippersnappers have no business being parents at such young ages. The British group Marie Stopes International say that children need better sex education. And the news has caused various of reactions from around the world:

    One CNN respondent says that it's "pretty sad" that babies are having babies.

    Usually, young guys- at least here in the good ol' U.S. of A. would try to shirk from such responsibility. Raising a child for 18 to 22 years does take a toll (multiply that by the number of children boorn in the family, and the expenses can add up. Lucky we have these things called ' tax deductions '.) I could say that young Aflie is being responsible by staying in school (and that he's lucky that he's dated an older girl...but that's another subject for another day...I think...). Admittedly, I think it would be better if he had waited another five to six years (if not three, for the sweet 16). But, who knows? I'm just expressing opinion here. In other words, I'm not exactly thrilled that he (or Richie) and Chantelle have become parents while still in school, but I'm not going to condemn them either. After all, I was sexually curious when I was thirteen, too.

    (C) 2009 by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: