NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Thursday, January 22, 2009

    I'm Calling You Out, Sam Adams!

    Shall we dance, folks? This one goes out to the mayor of Portland, Oregon, the dishonorable Sam Adams. It's called, appropriately enough,
    Liar, Liar:


    starsurfrider/YouTube

    Love them Castaways.

    For the second straight day, Portland mayor Sam Adams has been a no-show at 4th and Jefferson (the location of Portland city hall), which leads me to believe that he's drinking a lot of Sam Adams beer (luckily, the beer isn't named after our hare-brained mayor...but if the beer's patriot namesake were still alive, he'd probably pop our Mr. Adams in the kisser for embarrassing him...)and tons of whiskey. Or not, I don't know. All I know is that I'm joining the chorus of the constituents who want him gone. He's a disgrace to the gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgenders, and those who question their sexual preference, and even worse, he's the ingrown hair in the ass of the city of Portland. It's not that he slept with 18-year-old Beau Breedlove (that is, if Beau was 18 when Sam did the nasty with the boy toy). His sexual orientation isn't the issue- at least, not with me. it's the fact that he lied about it. I know I'm sounding like a scratched CD here, but I- like much of Portland- cannot excuse Sam for not being straightforward with us, especially when news of the scandal first hit in September 2007.

    As of right now, I'm calling Sam Adams out- in fact, I sent him an e-mail. It may have been a bit nasty, but otherwise respectful. I want him to answer me personally- by e-mail or by comment to this blog- as to why he saw the need to cover up his relationship with Beau Breedlove. Especially if it was legal and between consenting adults. Why he didn't have the testicular fortitude (English translation: BALLS!) to say that, "Yes, Beau and I were dating, and he was 18 years old when we slept with each other. So, what's it to you?," in September 2007, and why is he in hiding now?

    I still believe that there is more to this than Sam wants us to know. Honestly, I think Beau was younger than 18 when Sam had sex with him. Furthermore, I think Beau lied about his age being 18 on June 25, 2005, and that Sam coerced Beau to keep his mouth shut when running for mayor.

    Copyright (C) 2009 by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: