NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Thursday, September 28, 2006

    The School Shooting in Colorado- Did Authorities Miss Something?

    I'm going to play conspiracy theorist (for the lack of better words) here.

    The shooting at a Bailey, Colorado high school yesterday no doubt shattered a small community. Six young ladies sexually assaulted, including one 16-year-old that was later killed by the shooter, 53-year-old Duane R. Morrison. Morrison, of course, killed himself as SWAT was moving in.

    Morrison has a minor criminal record- obstruction of police in Lakewood; larcency and marijuana possession in the mid-1970s.

    Call me suspicious, but I think there's more to this story than that. Given the nature of the crime, which was sexual according to authorities (I couldn't agree more), it makes me wonder if Mr. Morrison was a registered sex offender. And if so, from which jurisdiction? If he wasn't, then somehow, he managed to slither through the cracks and keep his sexual crimes under the radar. I'm picturing Duane Morrison with binoculars, leering at young girls...he could be masturbating, no doubt fantasizing about kidnapping some young girl- or two- and do what he damn well pleased with her. Of course, those horrid fantasies

    I don't know, but there is more to this puzzle than what I'm hearing from media accounts.

    No comments: