NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Tuesday, September 12, 2006

    My Honor Student Gets Stoned

    In the same city that Abraham Lincoln gave his Gettysburg Address- some six and a half score and three years ago- a mother awarded her 13-year old son a few hits of marijuana for finishing his homework.

    Now imagine this. I come home from...let's say Park Street Middle School in Grove City, Ohio (where I went to in the sixth and seventh grades. GO PUMAS!), my English teacher, Mr. DiTallico (one of my favorite seventh grade teachers) or even Mrs, Houghton (that dreaded sixth grade math teacher. A conservative radio talk show host's wife- no names, please!- looks just like her) gives me homework. I come home, finish my homework, and my parents, Joe and Reida, gives me pot for my reward. Now, of course, that didn't happen, but what if it did? I- along with my siblings, Renee; Josh; Missy; and Shelly- would've been one really happy camper, no doubt.

    Well, the mother, Amanda Livelsberger, 30, recently pled guilty for misdemeanor charges of corrpting minors; possession with intent to deliver; possesion of a small amount of marijuana- should've moved to Oregon, Mandy. We're more liberal with pot laws- and a few other charges.

    I'm not exactly for the child smoking pot, but if he's at home, under parental guidance, I don't think it's any of the government's damn business what happens. After all, what happens behind closed doors should stay behind closed doors.

    Of course, I can't help but wonder if the producers of Showtime's Weeds are reading this story.

    No comments: