NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Wednesday, August 30, 2006

    Warren Steed Jeffs- Controlling His Followers From Jail

    The manhunt for the polygamist, Fundementalist Latter Day Saints leader Warren Steed Jeffs ended Monday night in Las Vegas when he was arrested outside the city on a routine traffic stop. (It's the small shit that gets you, Warren. You've got to remember that, 'kay?).

    Jeffs is charged with arranging marriages between underaged girls and older men. Makes me ask, "Warren, ever thought of creating NAMGLA- North American Man-Girl Love Association- you know, just like NAMBLA, only substitute 'girl' for 'boy'. At least it's heterosexual in nature if nothing else. (I've Googled 'North American Man-Girl Love Association, and 'NAMGLA'. No such animals- as far as I know- exists. Perhaps Warren Jeffs can confirm that an group called NAMGLA exists...I don't know...).

    And now, many of his followers in Colorado City, Arizona and Hildale, Colorado (I had erroneously mentioned that the city was located in Utah) are going at great lengths to protect this bozo, preventing the media from interviewing them (those who think that he's a whack job did say that he's glad that he was captured, so there's hope for these folks after all). Apparently, they're now fasting over his arrest, and his 'persecution' (this is where I roll back my head and laugh uproariously! HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) because, to them, he is still their prophet. And since they're keeping the media at bay, I must say that this group, the Fundementalist Latter Day Saints, must be more sinister and evil (and I must say presumably racist. I did hear excerpts of a speech from Jeffs about a person who is black being, well, less than a saint of God...or did he mean that the person had bad hygiene? Help me out, Elder Prophet Jeffs!) than we in the 'corrupt' outside world realize.

    Now, what if, say, a radical version of the Southern Baptists did this? Sure, you wouldn't have the polygamy; but I'm thinking that it'll resemble the South of the 1950s, where the black folks stay on one side of the fence, the white folks on the other. (Latinos, Asians; Arabs and native Americans need not apply). How would this reflect on the Southern Baptist Convention?

    The same thing goes with the Mormons. Now, admittedly, I don't think too much of the Mormons (or for that matter, the Southern Baptists- even though officially, I am one). The FLDS are pretty much giving the Mormons a black eye, even though the Mormons themselves have long disassociated themselves from the FLDS.

    I hope that Jeffs gets the maximum penalty allowed by law- and that the authorities take over Colorado City and Hildale (that is, if the residents of those two cities don't do a Waco, Texas- Jim Jones/ David Koresh style barbeque first).

    No comments: