NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Wednesday, August 09, 2006

    Maurice Clarett Arrested- AGAIN!

    Remember the 2002...was it the Orange Bowl...I think it was, when Ohio State won in dramatic fashion 34-31 over the Miami Hurricanes? Maurice Clarett was one of those stars who helped the Buckeyes win the National Championship- and go 14-0.

    Flash forward to a few months...or a year, give or take, when Maurice Clarett tried to get into the NFL- and failed.

    Apparently he took it so hard , that he robbed a couple of guys in late 2005. (See this story at http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5773102/detail.html) .

    Well, Clarett fans, I regret to have to tell you that he's been arrested again- this time for having tons of weapons and drinking inside his SUV.

    I must ask, MAN, WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

    He could have been a big star in the NFL, playing for the Denver Broncos. He could have enjoyed all of those millions in endorsements, and yes, having tons of women at his disposal.

    But, Noooooooooooo! He had to fuck it all up by being a thug! Robbiing people by gunpoint, and now speeding, having weapons and booze. Not to mention acting like a DAMN FOOL! What a goddamned waste, if you ask me.

    I could go into this lecture about money not always buying happiness, but I'm too busy working my way up to financial wealth. If there's a lesson to be learned from this, it's that there are folks who enjoy their fame and fortune responsibly, and remain down to earth. And then there are those jackasses who abuse their lives of privilege, only to lose it all in the end- some of them are no longer living, in fact.

    I'd like to close out with the scene from On The Waterfront, from 1954. Terry, played the the late, great Marlon Brando, talks with his brother, Charlie.

    TERRY
    It wasn't him, Charlie. It was you. Rememeber that nightin the Garden you came down to my dressing room and said,
    "Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson."
    You remember that? "This ain't your night...."

    CHARLIE
    Oh, I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.

    TERRY
    You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender.
    I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am,
    let's face it. It was you, Charlie.

    That, my friends, is probably how Maurice Clarett feels right now. Like a bum.

    In other words, a talented life going to waste.


    No comments: