NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Wednesday, August 09, 2006

    The Fall of the, er, Titans- McKinney and Leiberman Lose in Primaries

    Hi, Darren here. Politics sometimes piss me off, but still, I vote for politicians who I believe are best for the job. Sometimes I celebrate my decisions, other times, I regret it. But, still, I exercise my right- and constitutional duty!- to vote. Otherwise, I have no right to bitch when things go wrong. Having said this, last night, two incumbents lost in key primaries. In the State of Georgia, Cynthia McKinney lost to Hank Johnson for her seat in Georgia's 4th Congressional District, while longtime US Senator, Joe Leiberman, D-Connecticut, lost in that state's primamry to an anti-war candidate, Ned Lamont. Will this be the death of the Democratic party, at least in Connecticut? I fear to tread there, kids.

    Cynthia McKinney: Bitter to the End
    America, I have to tell you something.
    Myself being African-American, I'll admit that sometimes we black folks do what we can to frustrate the rest of you. After all, some of us haven't gotten over the slavery bit; and others of us tend to play victim. Yes, I and countless other of blacks have been guilty of playing the 'race card' and victim, but that's because we've been paying too much attention to the Jesse Jacksons; Al Sharptons; and Louis Farrakhans. Of course, I can't speak for all blacks here, and personally, I myself am remedying myself from playing the race card and victim consciousness.

    Having said this, let's go to one of our other favorite race baiters, one Cynthia Ann McKinney, the Democratic representative from the 4th Congressional District of the Great Peach state of Georgia. As we know, Ms. McKinney lost last night to fellow African-American hank Johnson, an attorney and former DeKalb County commissioner. He will face off against Republican- and yes, she's black!- Catherine Davis in the November election. This will be interesting. But back to Ms. McKinney, as we all know, she's a bitter bitch who cries everytime a hair gets out of place. Okay, so I'm speaking figuratively here, but that US Capitol debacle from several months ago (where she decked a US Capitol police officer after being told three times to halt at a security checkpoint) and other shennanigans convinced voters that giving her a second chance was a BIG MISTAKE!

    In last night's concession speech, she blamed the voter machines and the media for her loss. Sounds like typical Cynthia McKinney to me. On top of that, she hired Black Panthers for security (apparently, the Secret Service were a bit TOO pissed to protect her). Sounds like a sore loser to me.

    And Cyndi, maybe you may want to give up the "American Idol" audition. (See this hilarious attempt at http://www.wsbtv.com/video/9651508/index.html). It's right before her solioquy she calls a concession speech. Her singing might just go up there in hilarity- along with Howard Dean's "Yeah!" screech from January 2004.

    Joe Lieberman- Too Damn Conservative For His Good!
    In Connecticut, three term US Senator Joe Leiberman found out that job security wasn't guaranteed when he lost to Greenwich businessman Ned Lamont. Leiberman has been under attack for his support for the War on Terrorism, and for siding with President Bush on many issues. Lamont says that staying the course in Iraq is not a winning strategy, and that it's time to bring the troops home. (See the full speech at the WFSB-TV website, http://www/wfsb.com/politics/9651285/detail.html ).

    But, don't count Leiberman out yet. He's filing paperwork to run as an Independent. In other words, "no hippy-dippy liberal businessman gonna take my seat. Over my dead body!" (You can also see Leiberman's concession speech at http://www.wfsb.com/politics/9651206/detail.html . In addition, you can get the whole story at http://www.wfsb.com/politics/9650660/detail.html ).

    Lamont kind of troubles me here. He says that our troops need to be out of Iraq and the Middle East. But with Iran stirring up the shit soup, I don't think that's such a good idea- especially when Iran's president/dictator Mahmoud Ahmadinejad saying that on August 22, 2006, Iran's going to do something. Now what that something, that's under speculation. But according to the Wall Street Journal's Bernard Lewis, it could be a nuclear Armaggedon for Israel, and the good ol' US of A. (see the story at The Guardian, at http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/brian_whitaker/2006/08/world_to_end_on_august_22.html)

    And the senator wannabe wants us to cut-and-run. Let's pray that Joe Leiberman- as an Independent- wins re-election in November.

    No comments: