NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Wednesday, January 02, 2008

    New Year. New Opportunities (Old Problems Creating New Tricks)

    Welcome to 2008.

    I went to the (Labor Ready) office downtown this morning. A few folks went out to a furniture store, but otherwise, it was slow. Still, I won't give up.

    In the news, the CIA is on the wrong side of a criminal investigation. This over the reported burning of tapes where interogations went, well, awry. And here in Portland, Oregon, Eric Sten, one of the city commissioners- is calling it quits after over 15 years in public office.

    But the thing I talk about the changes I'm about to go through in 2008. Now, 2007 wasn't completely a washout. After all, I've managed to get published twice in two local anthologies ("Pierced Body Parts" in See the Water Rise, and "Venice on the Scioto in Unexpected Metaphors). And 40 hasn't been too cruel, despite the occasional pain in the knees and back. In other words, 2007's been real nice over all.

    But now that we're in 2008- and the rain has returned to the Northwest (it's driving me nuts! Must hang in there, though. After all, we have 364 days of this year left, and before you know it, it'll be sunny and even warmer here)- this means that changes are afoot. In 2008, I've made a lot pf plans. I'll run a few by you:


    • GET IN SHAPE!: Sure, I've been skinny throughout my nearly 41 years on the planet. But I'm started to get a bit of a beer gut. Not that anything's wrong with that, but I'd love to get a sculpted body. Which isn't going to happen anytime soon, right?
    • WRONG!


    • PrfctPushup/YouTube

      In the coming weeks, I'll get the Perfect Pushup system. What will result- with regular workouts- is a more defined body. Chiseled abs, larger and ripped chest and arms. And definitely more looks. Not long after I get the Perfect Pushup set, I'll add in the Bowflex select Tech 1090 dumbbell set. Before long, I'll look like the hottie that I am.

      I'll provide the 'before' and 'after' pictures, with progress reports along the way.
    • TAKE FILMMAKING AND ACTING CLASSES: For years, I've wanted to do this film production gig. About three years ago, I operated an Aaton A-Minima motion picture camera (in an impromptu class). This July, I'll head off to New York to take an eight-week class. Create 4 short films, and help produce about two dozen others. I'll show the fruits of my labors here as well.
    • NEW TITLE FOR THIS BLOG: I kind of like the current title (I just may keep it). But the only constant, as we know, is change. Yes, change is a bitch at times, but if we don't change, likely, we won't grow, right? So look for a new title sometime this winter or spring.
    • PAY OFF DEBTS: Those monkeys called bills. I want them off my back. Get my credit rating back to 600 or better. So, this year, at some point, every bill and debt I've accrued will be kaputski! Gone like a freight train/Gone like yesterday/Gone like a soldier in a Civil War bang bang!...my innner Montgomery Gentry takes over.
    • GET LAID MUCH MORE OFTEN: I know, it's not about quantity, but...um...I'll touch more on that later. Thing is, though, as I work out, and do some major wardrobe changes as well (and get more 'cocky and funny'), I'll get more women. More women means I get more ass than a toilet seat. I get to be a lot of womens' underwear.

    That's just a few things on tap for '08.

    Oh, by the way. You've probably noticed at the Copyright notice the name The DWA Organisation. This is because I've created a media production entity, so I'm in the process of making this a legally recognized corporation (probably a LLC- limited liability company, or perhaps a C or S corporation. I'll learn more on the types as I go along).

    Have a fun, great, sexy, wild, wonderful- and safe!- 2008

    (C)2008 by The DWA Organisation (Darren W. Alexander) All Rights Reserved.



    No comments: