NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Tuesday, May 02, 2006

    America's Losing Its' Patience With Illegal Immigrants

    Yesterday's rallies across the counbtry against a bill that makes illegal immigration a felony has certainly gotten the attention of the good ol' U.S. of A.

    But a new Zogby poll says that the illegals deserve none of our sympathies. After all, they crossed illegally, and they made the decision to break laws to get here...and, oh, did I mention that our services are being strained, all because those undocumented aliens decided to basically abuse our welcome mat. In other words, illegals, you've have long worn out your welcome.

    I'm for immigration, don't get me wrong. But like I said yesterday...either here, or in one of my other blogs...that those who desire to come into this country must go through channels- get the work visas, your Green Card, passports (that Matricula card shit just won't cut it). Learn English- as much as I love en espanol, and people who come from Latin America- I don't think I can yet picture bilingual freeway signs on, say I-5 here in Portland, Oregon (maybe in Los Angeles, where there is a widespread Hispanic and Latino population).

    Legal immigrants feel like that illegals are cutting the line (I know exactly how that feels when someone cuts the line at the supermarket, etc...) Look at this link at http://www.katu.com/stories/85486.html.

    And President Bush- yes, Dumbya, I'm talking to you!- needs to get some backbone here. This 'Guest Worker' idea is nothing more than amnesty for those who've come into the U.S. illegally. Yes, I'm for amnsety if the person crossing is escaping persecution and oppression. But, even as Mexico isn't exactly known for its' squeaky clean, I know of no oppresion, nor any persecution in the country. So please, pretty please, with sugar and cherries on top, are our borders hemmoraging with illegals? Will it take the Minutemen, and vigilante militias to stop the bleeding? I say let's build a wall- not unlike the Berlin Wall- to keep illegals out. Heavily guarded with military and law enforcement- local, state, and federal. After the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, I don't think that's such a bad idea.

    No comments: