NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Tuesday, September 04, 2007

    Sometimes, I Need My Ass Whipped (Of Course, Do It Right, Will Ya?)

    Okay, a good number of times, but that's besides the point (and if you do it right, I just may enjoy it).

    At any rate, several days ago, I wrote about being published in a local anthology, Unexpected Metaphors- which I am deeply proud of. I mentioned the name of the facilitator, and made some remarks that I thought was a compliment- not sexual or hitting on her, or anything.

    Well, I got an e-mail- yeah, it kind of hit me on the gut, but hey, we need that sometimes, right. The person apparently was offended, and I made a retraction- and changes at the entry (So, You're A Published Author Now...What a Media Whore!...When I mentioned the "Media Whore" part, I was, of course, jokingly referring to myself. Self-depreciation turns me on, baby!).

    To the person who I referred to, my sincere apologies. Nothing was meant except the best of compliments. I think highly of this person and have nothing but the utmost respect for that person.

    To myself, however, I'll make that long overdue visit my dominatrix.

    But seriously, though, sometimes we get this disease called "Foot-In-Mouth". Politicians and celebs get it all the time. Everyone gets all the time, and of course, I've contracted my latest case, so I'm not immune. And if Jehovah/Allah/Yahweh wasn't so goddamned perfect, She'd- or He'd- have it, too.

    So, to the person, once again, my apologies.

    To the rest of you- many of you, of course...assume the position.

    (C)2007, by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: