NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Wednesday, September 05, 2007

    Perhaps I Should Become a Wiccan- At Least I'll Win the Lottery!

    40 year old Elwood 'Bunky' Barlett, of Maryland, was one of the four winners of the $330 Million Mega Millions jackpot. He gets about $32 million after taxes.

    But the amazing thing here is that Bunky credits Wicca for his win. He prayed to the universe and said, in his prayer/mantra that if he wins the lottery, he will devote his life to teaching Wicca.

    Apparently, he's staying true to his word.

    And has myself- a Christian- asking if I should abandon Christianity, and embrace other forms of worship. Now, I'm not saying that I'll go into Satan worship or anything, but having been basically screwed over by the Jehovah's Witnesses and Southern Baptists- both very conservative and (I must add, homophobic)- religions, and other so-called 'nondenominational, charismatic churches, I'm beginning to wonder if Jesus really is the personal savior and Messiah many believe him to be.

    I question sometimes the existence of God, but then again, who doesn't?

    Thing is, I'm leaning toward atheism, or at least, becoming a humanist.

    I may even become a full-fledged Wiccan- I've practiced it a bit of it before- and found it to be more inclusive than organized Christianity. Though, to be honest, Christianity is becoming more disorganized by the second, it seems.

    It appears that Christianity is indeed a dying breed. And part of me is in no hurry to come to its' aid.

    (C)2007, by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: