NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Tuesday, September 11, 2007

    Brigitte Harris Deserves Justice


    friesnchips/YouTube

    I came across the stories in Village Voice- we get it a bit late here on the left coast- and find the story of Brigitte Harris, a 26-year-old of Liberian descent very troubling. The accounts of sexual assault at the hands of her father and the subsequent killing and castration of him, almost too much to stomach. But the thing here is that my tears are not shedding for the father. He was the man who was protect his daughters from the very monstrous thing he has allegedly did. He was the provider and parent, granted, but what Eric Goodridge had done, according to Carleen Goodridge, Brigitte's sister, was anything except human.

    And now Brigitte is facing manslaughter and second-degree murder charges.

    Many personalities are coming to her aid, and I hope that after reading the stories at the link I've provided (savebrigitte.com- just click on the title) and from the stories at villagevoice.com, you come to her aid as well. I know that I will as soon as I can.

    Copyright (C)2007, by Darren W. Alexander, All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: