NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Friday, March 30, 2007

    Get Ready For The Slugfest

    The first game in Saturday's Final Four doubleheader is the Georgetown-Ohio State slugfest.

    Now, both teams have come from behind to win their respective games. Even when they were down by twenty or more points, they came back to beat North Carolina (Georgetown) and Memphis (Ohio State), so I'm expecting a shootout here between the Hoyas and Buckeyes.

    I'm from Ohio, so even though I DO have a bit of a bias for those Bucks, there is a place in my heart for Georgetown.

    The second game is the Florida-UCLA matchup. Last year, the Gators devoured the Bruins in the championship game. The Bruins look to avenge for that heartbreaking loss, while the Gators look to repeat in both the semifinals and the championship game.

    My picks are Ohio State and Florida in the championship game, with the Bucks going for it all. However, Georgetown looks to be the spoiler, which I don't mind at all.
    It'll be nice to see John Thompson, Jr's son, John Thompson III, and Patrick Ewing's son, Patrick Ewing, Jr. win one for their pops.

    Copyright 2007, by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: