NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Wednesday, January 31, 2007

    Mac Vs. Windows Vista- The Fight inside of Me

    I took a look at Windows Vista hands on Sunday- a couple days before the official release.

    It's a pretty nice little system there- though many (and yes, I'm guilty as charged as well in that group of many) call it a knockoff of the Mac OS X.

    I'm very tempted to jump to the Windows side- though I'll still use my Mac- but thus far, several software programs are kind of buggy with Vista.

    I feel like I'm Michael Corlone in The Godfather III, when he says, "Everytime I try to get out, they pull me back in!"

    Windows and Macintosh. Two very beautiful women. Very seductive. Very functional. I guess you can look at this in terms of things being erotic (albeit in a geeky way, I suppose).

    Windows. The girl in the red dress. She has plenty of offers, and is all willing to share all she has. She's a hot kisser, the sex is...well, pretty much extravagant much of the time. But with the extravagant sex and dancing comes those STIs- sexually transmitted diseases/infections in the form of spyware; spam; adware; and those ubiquitous viruses and worms you must beware of.

    Macintosh. I guess many would call the ugly girl at the dance. Not many want her, but the few who do find that she's a very careful young lady, pretty much virtuous.
    Like Windows, she's very functional, and very easy to use. However, she doesn't suffer many of the maladies that Windows does- in fact, you could probably count the number of viruses, etc. that targeted Mac on one hand. Of course, those viruses were rapidly took out. She always keeps herself up in the form of almost monthly updates, and new versions come out almost every 12-18 months. (Look how long it took Windows Vista to finally get released. Five years?)

    Sounds almost like I'm quoting the Bible book of Proverbs, doesn't it?

    Well, everytime I look for reasons to get a Windows Vista PC, those same reasons having me running back to the Mac.

    So I have to accept the foregone conclusion that I'm forever a Mac person.

    No comments: