NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Wednesday, June 07, 2006

    Oh My! The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling! Macy's Drops Gay Display

    I knew there was a reason why I didn't want to come home (to Portland...I spent three days at a retreat in nearby Molalla, Oregon).

    It appears that Macy's- the national store chain that's about to yank the Meier & Frank name from Portland area stores so it could add its' own- has bowed to pressure from this Chicken Little group called MassResistance (you can look at their blog at http://www.massresistance.blogspot.com, though I don't even know why I'm giving these jokers any more publicity than they've already deserve). In a Boston area Macy's, the store had a display of a male mannequin wearing the rainbow flag. Apparently, some members of MassResistance got offended, and told Macy's to take it down. Macy's acquiesed.

    I know you've heard this before, but it bears repeating that these assholes- MassResistance- believes in free speech and freedom of expression. Just like the rest of us. But when something offends them- such as the guy mannequin wearing a symbol of gay/lesbian pride, they cry like little bitty babies. I mean, come on, I'm not bitching about their oppostion to same sex marriage, which is legal in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, but telling a branch of a national store chain to take down a display just because it so happens to piss the pants off of them...eh-eh! That's gone a little bit too far.

    Look, people, if it offends you, look away. change the channel. Shop someplace else. Macy's been around for over 125 years. You think a group of crybaby radicals is going to bring Macy's- or any other Federated-owned chain down?

    Macy's in Boston, put the display back up.

    MassResistance, go cry in your beer...oh, I forgot, you're good 'Christians'. You don't drink beer. Well, there's always spilled milk.

    No comments: