NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Friday, June 02, 2006

    The Crooks...and the Liars who Love Them

    I think someone told me about this website about a week ago- thanks...damn, what's his name...excuse me...Dave, that's his name (he's writing a book on the media and politics. Thanks, Dave...). It's "Crooks and Liars", and it talks about the geeks in politics who happen to lie to the American people (and just think, I was leaning toward conservatism. Everytime that happens, those conservatives I begin to admire piss me off...still, I won't return to complete liberalism...).

    In May, CNN's Jack Cafferty tore a new one into the Republican Senate Leader Bill Frist on his move to introduce a constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage (which, to be honest, as most conservatives agree on it, it has absolutely ZERO chance of passing).

    I have a question. What's the big fuss about two people of the same sex wanting to get married anyway? I mean...don't we have much more important things to deal with- like the War on Terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan? And another thing, apparently having a gay or lesbian serve in uniform is a serious threat to national security. I mean, look, if you're openly gay or lesbian- or bisexual- and you want to serve, you shouldn't be stopped at the door. Still, as long as our military bans gays, lesbians, bisexual, and transgendered people from serving, at least I- a heterosexual male- still have the trump card to keep those recruiters from forcing me to fight a war I still don't completely agree with. (Besides, I'm almost 40. I'm too old to be a recruit- let alone a draftee- anyway...).

    No comments: