NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Wednesday, April 19, 2006

    Louisiana Follows South Dakota's Lead

    The abortion debate has gotten hotter as Louisana's state senate moved forward a proposal to ban all abortions- with no exceptions to rape and incest, but an exception to save the life of the mother.

    I'm thinking "Louisiana- like South Dakota- have just invited rapos and incestuous parents into their state." Yes, I know, there are supposedly stiff penalties for rape, child molestation (a sidenote on the child molestation, Louisiana has one of the toughest child molestation laws. If a person over 18 has sex with a minor under the age of 12, upon conviction, that person gets the death penalty. Automatically. I know Bill O'Reilly of the O'Reilly Factor and the Radio Factor is against the death penalty. But I would think that he would make an exception for Louisiana...), but should lawmakers be making the call over what the woman decides to do? Should she be forced to carry a child created by a rapist? And what of the incest victims? I have serious reservations about this and other laws proposed around the country to restrict or even ban abortion altogether.

    I guess in a perfect world we wouldn't have to worry about the issue- hell, I don't think there would be any abortions in a perfect world. But this isn't that utopia that lawmakers are trying so desperately to create- one that forces us to worship the Deity; one that only allows heterosexual couples to marry, let alone date. One that doesn't include unplanned pregnancies. It sounds to me that we're becoming like China- only China does the opposite. Now they're about to suffer from a severe shortage of pussy. But hey, that's on China. I'm worried about that good ol' U.S. of A. here.

    Like I said on this subject when I talked about South Dakota's abortion ban- since passed and signed by Governor Mike Rounds (who still hasn't replied to the e-mail I wrote to him a couple months back... see my March 14, 2006 blog entry "Let's Ban the Governors Who Ban the Right to Choose")- are they sure, in Louisiana, that they want to do this?

    However, from what I've been hearing lately, even the staunchest opponents of abortion are saying, "whoa, Nelly!", I'm sure for a slew of different reasons (I'll leave you to take guesses).

    No comments: