NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Saturday, October 11, 2008

    I'm Black, and I'm Proud- And I'm Also a Republican



    A disclaimer: the above title- not me. Yes, I'm black, and I'm proud- to be a Democrat.

    But the gentlemen in the clip are proud to be Republican. and they're blacker than I am (okay, I guess at least one of them). And I find nothing wrong with that- due in part to the fact that twenty years ago, I was a Republican, enjoying Ronald Reagan's 'Morning in America'. Yes, some would say that things were filled with greed, and admittedly, we had the Cold War until Reagan and Gorbachev decided that we'd be better off friends. To paraphrase a line from the theme from TV's All in the Family, "Mister, we could use a man like Ronald Reagan again..."

    Even as I am a Democrat these days, I still vote for the Republican candidate from time to time. This election- or any election, for that matter- and who you believe is the best leader in Washington, isn't about party loyalty. It's about being loyal to your heart by choosing who you believe will best represent us. I believe Obama will lead us out of the fire. Some of you may believe that John McCain is better. That's fine by me.

    We have the freedom of choice. Something to be appreciated, no matter the political party you belong to.

    (C)2008, by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: