NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Monday, May 05, 2008

    Saints Owner To Buy New Orleans Fox Affiliate

    I couldn't stop laughing when I got the news on my e-mail this morning.

    The New Orleans Saints owner, Tom Benson, is buying the Fox affiliate, WVUE-TV, Fox 8 for $41 million (USD). Benson also owns the New Orleans Voodoo arena football team and several automobile dealerships. He's also into real estate and banking.

    I remember back in 2001 when he was bitching about building a new stadium for the Saints- even as the Superdome still seats 70,000, and was (at the time) in relatively good shape. Benson can barely manage the Saints, and now he wants to run a TV station.

    I wonder how that will turn out.

    Copyright (C)2008 by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: