NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Wednesday, May 07, 2008

    Does It Really Take Fifteen Cops To Arrest Three Suspects?

    Let me ask you this question. How many police officers does it take to arrest, say, three men? Or even better, how many cops does it take to arrest even one person?

    I ask this because I've seen, with my own eyes, three or four police cars- and even six (or more) officers- just to arrest one person. Some people are belligerent, granted, but does it really take six cops to arrest one person? I think not.

    (watch the footage from WTXF Fox 29 Philadelphia (via CNN), by clicking on the title).

    On the same wavelength, I think having fifteen officers to arrest three shooting suspects is a bit too excessive. Sure, there was a car chase, but I think two officer per suspect would be sufficient. Now, it's true that I don't know the full details, but according to the news account, the three are persons of interest in a shooting. And to exacerbate the situation, the officers were mourning one of their own, Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski, who was gunned down Saturday.

    But still, I think those officers should have used a bit more discretion and restraint on the three, lest any of them tried to harm them. And even then, the officers should have things under control instead of going ballistic.

    No doubt, more will be known about this controversy soon.

    Copyright (C)2008 by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: