NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Tuesday, July 24, 2007

    I Love Portland (But Why Am I Here Instead of LA?)

    The Independent Television Festival take places in Los Angles this weekend. Three days of viewing television series NOT made by the major studios. Sitcoms. Dramatic series (this would include those dramedys such as Desperate Housewives, et al.).

    I bring this up because I ask myself this $64,000 question: WHY AM I HERE? Why am I here in Portland, Oregon still? Why am I here instead of Los Angeles? No, I'm not giving up on Portland, but admittedly, I could use the break from good ol' Stumptown.
    After all, it's been four years since I've returned (from New Orleans, Louisiana), and there has been times when I wished that I had stayed (and subsequently drowned?) in New Orleans. Hell, when I left New Orleans in June 2003, I almost took a trip to Washington, DC (actually, Arlington, Virginia). Another discussion for another day.

    And my first opportunity comes August 1, when I leave the Rose City for the city of Angels on business. Then, in October, I'll be back in LA for Screenwriting Expo 6, and for film making classes in November (or in early 2008).

    I have many impressions of LA, not all of them good. But I'll set aside my trepidations to stay and work there. You never know. I may just fall in love in LA yet.



    Copyright (C) 2007, by Darren W. Alexander.
    All Rights Reserved

    No comments: