NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Tuesday, February 28, 2006

    So...That Was the Big Fucking Announcement?

    Last night, I was in a holding pattern- like everyone else- on what Apple Computer would release.

    Now, I know.

    While I'm happy that the Mac mini sports a new Intel Core Solo (for the 1.5 GHz model), and Intel core Duo (for the 1.66 GHz model...whew! They're NOT using celeron. A real plus...), and that the video memory has been increased to 64 MB- shared with main memory, I'm still a bit disappointed that I'll still have to buy my own keyboard and mouse, and monitor. I guess when Apple meant bare bones, they really meant bare bones...but since the Mac mini's been out for about a year and a half, apparently those folks in Cupertino know what the hell they're doing.

    Okay, I'm done with my gripe.

    I'm very happy that Apple has updated the little powerhouse, Mac mini, that it now sports the new Intel Core processor- bioth 1.5 GHz core Solo with the Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW), and the 1.66 GHz Core Duo with SuperDrive(TM; DVD-RW/DVD+R DL/CD-RW); the Front Row(TM)software, and remote (increasingly becoming standard equipment for all Macs). It remains affordable at $599 for the 1.5GHz Intel Core solo/ Combo drive model, and $799 for the 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo/ Super Drive model. Both models should be on store shelves- at the Apple retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers- now.

    Also released by Apple is the iPod HiFi, which should be at all Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Resllers now. What this is is basically speakers, which you put your iPod on top, and start blasting the house (hopefully, not to smithereens...at least, not yet anyway...).

    Copyright (C) 2006 by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: