NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Saturday, February 18, 2006

    I've got a BAD Case of Powerball Fever

    Tonight's Powerball jackpot has surpassed the $340 Million won by the Chaneys (note the spelling...no relation to the third party on the Hatfield versus McCoy versus Cheney gunfight deal) and Wests of Jacksonville, Oregon last October.

    Tonight's prize is a whopping $365 Million.

    Do I need to ssya this louder?
    $365,000,000! Three hundred sixty five MILLION DOLLARS!

    THAT'S...ONE MILLION DOLLARS A DAY FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR!
    .

    The cash lump sum is $177,300,000.

    What could this bring me, your good ol' uncle Darren?

    $177,300,000 could bring me:
    1. About 10 houses in the West Hills district and in Lake O (Lake Oswego)
    2. Just about the budget of 1997's epic film Titanic (talk about a TITANIC film budget).
    3. I could make about 5-10 motion pictures. Be my own fucking Darryl Zanuck or David O. Selnick. I could even buy part- but not all- of Paramount, or 20th Century Fox.
    4. I can create my own televsion station. Or buy any of these Portland or Seattle TV stations. I can buy at least two radio stations also (besides, I think we could use a few more liberal radio stations in this town. God knows that there's enough conservative and religious voices around here...)
    5. I could pay off those debts (well, I'm doing that anyway...).
    6. I could get castles in Europe...or at least homes in Paris; London; Berlin; Johannesburg/ Cape Town. And still have plenty to buy a few more properties in Los Angeles and New York...Vancouver, British Columbia...and yes, as I said in #1, here in good ol' Moscow on the Willamette.
    7. Give some to dear ol' mum (but only when I'm ready).


    The smart thing to do here is just put, oh, $100 Million in the bank, let it gain interest over the years. Turn that $100 Million into $100 BILLION (eat your heart out Oprah! You, too, Bill Gates...).

    So, I win this prize, I know that a lot will happen. You know, every woman who have rejected me will say that I'm their baby daddy...everyone becomes my best friend. Yeah, the usual suspects. Kind of like Atlanta rapper Mike Jones song, Back Then.

    But at least, I'll be living the high life. And isn't that what this is all about in the first place?

    I have my ticket. You have yours?

    No comments: