NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Thursday, July 13, 2006

    A Man of coincidence (?); Men, Better Be Careful

    I just took a look at my e-mails- something I do on a daily basis- and saw a book being sold by amazon.com. The Newcomer's Handbook For Moving to and Living in Los Angeles: Including Santa Monica, Pasadena, Orange County, and the San Fernando Valley, 4th Edition (Newcomer's Handbooks, 2006). I find this coincidental because just days ago, I got this brochure on moving to L.A., to a new condo that's being built in Hollywood, and two, I've given up my resentment over folks from California moving here to Moscow on the Willamette- otherwise known as Portland, Oregon.

    Is this a sign that someone upstairs is listening? Or is it just coincidence? Or are the folks at Amazon reading my mind (wild, man). Whatever it is, please, don't stop.

    You see, I've decided to take the plantation a bit south on I-5 to the City of Angels, live the luxurious life that is Los Angeles. Experience the 300-plus days of sunshine, the high life. Even put my foot in the door of the entertainment business (however, I'll work mostly behind the camera, though, I won't rule out being in front of them). I'll keep my connection to the Portland/Vancouver/Salem area- I love Portland too much just to give up on it- but the change of scenery wouldn't hurt. Particularly when those patented wintertime rains come chugging through from October to March.

    Guys, Don't Find Yourselves on this Website
    Shortly before I checked the daily e-mails, I came across this news report on this Philadelphia lawyer suing this website called dontdatehimgirl.com (you can check out the story at http://www.cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2006/06/30/1662083-ap.html I've also provided a link directly to the Don't Date Him Girl website. Just click on the title). Out of curiosity, I've decided to look at the site myself.

    What this site is about is basically a "bad dates" kind of deal. Something pissed off female dates can use to warn other women. Some profiles have pictures of the alleged cads, what their dirty deeds were- many guys apparently were married. The Philly lawyer alleges that some women said that he passed on some kind of STI (sexually transmitted infection), which he apparently didn't have. So now, he's suing the site and its' owners for defamation of character.

    So, guys- this blogger included- betta watch your backs.

    Perhaps us guys should create a site of our own, if one isn't already created. I'd like to call it, Man, She's a Fucking Slut (if I prefer, I could abbreviate the word Fucking, and just make it f---ing. But then it wouldn't be as fun, would it?)

    Copyright 2006, by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: