NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Tuesday, May 08, 2007

    Mennonite Drug Cartels

    Today I was in a book club discussing a book written by a Russian author (It escapes me so I'll have to tell you the title next time...). Afterward, we went into a discussion about religion, mainly about the Jehovah's Witnesses (in which this author was once a part of), and other groups. My friend CJ, who is a fledging playwright here in Portland mentioned something about the Mennonite faith, and the thing that had me flabbergasted, if you will, is that some of their members run drug cartels.

    Yes, you heard right. Some Mennonites are into drug trafficking, and are struggling with drugs- just like the rest of us.

    Click on the title for the article I found from Canada's Saturday Night Magazine.

    Copyright 2007 by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: