NFTHE-Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    CNN.com

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports Widget

    Thursday, December 13, 2007

    Second Anthology Released

    Tonight, the release and reading of See the Water Rise/Ver Las Aguas Subir took place at First United Methodist Church, in the Goose Hollow area of southwest Portland. Over 80 people read their selections. This book is published by Write Around Portland, the folks who published the summer anthology, Unexpected Metaphors, in August.

    I was among them. But this almost didn't happen.

    You see, I had initially chosen not to read my submission, Pierced Body Parts- not because of fear of embarrassment (I'm not afraid to read in front of crowds), but in part out of consideration for others. The last reading, I did all I could to downplay my reading- a lot of people said that my piece, Venice on the Scioto- was among the best. In other words, I kept myself from letting my head swell (though the blog entry I wrote on that was kind of a in-house joke). But after much coaxing from friends, I finally acquiesced. (I even caved in to find out which submission the Write Around Portland group had chosen. Initially, I had intentionally kept myself in the dark on that as well).

    Well, my head's swelling- but only a tiny bit. After all, Pierced Body Parts is one of the more risque, perhaps even a bit erotic- if not the most erotic- pieces I've had published yet. To be honest, when I look at it, I find it pretty sexy. A kind-of 'reclaiming my balls' kind of story. All without one word of profanity (in other words, you don't have to be 'vulgar' to be erotic, right?)

    So yes, it's not too saying too much when I say that yes, this story- Pierced Body Parts- is my sexiest story yet.

    See the Water Rise/Ver Las Aguas Subir will be in area bookstores shortly. I hope you enjoy the stories.

    (C) 2007, by Darren W. Alexander. All Rights Reserved.

    No comments: